Culinary capital Miami Beach brims with exciting eateries. Home to sidewalk cafes, bistros, and world-class restaurants, there’s something for every palate. It’s not just key lime pie and Cuban sandwiches.
Oh, no. Miami Beach’s culinary scene has a much broader footprint, with deliciously delectable offerings from every corner of the planet — Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, all-American, you name it.
Scarpetta by Scott Conant
In the glitzy Fontainebleau Hotel, smack bang in the center of Miami Beach, Scarpetta offers generous portions of house-made pasta, just like mama used to make it. Former Top Chef judge Scott Conant adopts a back-to-basics approach to Italian grub, with a focus on Old World flavors and polished fine dining.
The tasting menu boasts five small plates encompassing yellowtail crudo; a choice of creamy soups; duck and foie gras ravioli or spaghetti; roasted branzino or filet of beef; and a choice of dessert. Wash it all down with a glass of sparkling wine (or two) and take in the majestic Atlantic views. If you’re looking for fine dining restaurants in Miami Beach, Fl, there’s nothing like this place.
A more comprehensive dinner menu includes a selection of mouth-watering pasta and seafood, including seared halibut with braised fennel drizzled in black olive oil and green beans with caper dressing. For dessert, sample the chocolate cake with mint cream and gelato.
On Friday and Saturday evenings, Scarpetta buzzes with the clink of wine glasses and the hubbub of conversation. The crowd blends locals and out-of-towners who pull up a chair in this cozy bistro with its rustic Italian decor and great service. It’s popular with the critics, too: Scarpetta has scored an AAA Four Diamond Award.
What do diners think?
- “Excellent service in this staple restaurant at the FB. The decor is beautiful. A must-order is the spaghetti with basil.”
- “The closest to perfection you can find. For formal dining, you can’t beat the view, and the meal was out of this world.”
- “The bar is outstanding, and they can prepare anything you want. I will come back soon.”
In the Kimpton Epic Hotel, overlooking the Miami River, Zuma brings modern Japanese dining to Miami Beach with an extensive menu that encompasses intense flavors. The perennially popular sushi menu still dazzles locals with almost every type of fish you can think of — and variations on each one. There’s not just tuna but tuna, semi-fatty tuna, and fatty tuna. If you’re not sure what to choose, go for the chef’s sushi selection, which offers five small pieces or nine large pieces.
If sushi’s not your thing, the maki rolls are just as delicious, with the salmon avocado roll with tenkasu and kizami wasabi a firm favorite with locals. There’s also a selection of signature dishes, soups and salads, and skewers, as well as a brunch menu.
Grab a seat outdoors, if you can, for stunning views of downtown Miami and its towering skyscrapers that sparkle at dusk. The large black chairs and friendly wait staff make this a very comfortable fine dining experience.
Since coming to Miami Beach, Zuma has opened in other U.S. cities like New York and Las Vegas, but this location on Biscayne Blvd remains its American home.
What do diners think?
- “Great sushi. I’m a sushi lover, and they have some of the greatest sushi I’ve tasted in years. I will be coming back to this restaurant when I visit Miami again.”
- “Never disappoints. This is my second visit, and the food and drinks were great, and the service was exceptional.”
- “Still a good place! I work on Brickell, and I have to say that I really like Zuma’s lunch menu. It has all the best dishes of the restaurant for a very decent price.”
The Capital Grille serves succulent cuts of dry-aged beef that foodies love. Come and devour the 15-year-old balsamic bone-in ribeye in this upscale steakhouse in the center of Miami Beach and see what the locals rave about. If you’re not here for the steak, check out the extensive seafood menu. Or gorge on the comforting lobster mac and cheese. (The menu says it’s “as magnificent as it sounds.”)
Thirsty diners have a choice of top-shelf wines from around the world. But it’s the friendly wait staff that make this such a great place, creating a memorable guest experience.
There are lots of steakhouses in Miami Beach, but nothing comes close to this one. With its cozy corners and charming decor, The Capital Grille is a fine dining experience you don’t want to miss out on.
What do diners think?
- “Great Customer service and food. I love coming to this location because of those two main reasons. It’s clean and follows guidelines due to COVID-19.”
- “We have eaten in a lot of places around the world, and I would say this was one of the best meals we have ever had. It was my wife’s birthday, and we arrived at a beautifully decorated table and received a birthday card.”
- “One of the best steak restaurants I ever visited! Had the in-bone rib eye (22oz), and the flavor was more than fabulous! The sprouts had an almost-Asian fusion flavor that I can’t describe! Would eat here every day if I could!”
These three fine dining restaurants in Miami Beach, Fl, will tantalize your taste buds with their amazing food, breathtaking decor, great service, and attention to detail. You won’t be disappointed!
Note: Because of COVID-19, the restaurants listed above might have limited opening hours or restrictions. We advise you reserve a table online or over the phone to avoid disappointment.